In support of Kris Aquino as national artist, and in opposition to Nora Aunor's wild dreams of becoming one.

SABBATICAL NOTES. 3 JULY 2014. THURSDAY. N1.
In support of Kris Aquino as national artist, and in opposition to Nora Aunor's wild dreams of becoming one.
SOMEONE CORRECTLY pointed out to me that the article by Efren Danao on Kris Aquino becoming the next national artist is a satire.
I ran to the dictionary and I got this definition of satire: "the use of humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues".
I read the definition again and again, and again and again, and I thought that the definition is wrong, and that what we need to do is pave the rough way so that Ms Krissy the presidential daughter will get to have that sash proving that she is the soul and heart of Philippine television, and because Philippine TV is equal to our heart and soul, it must be our duty to recognize her pronto.
It means that the Danao satire is wrong, and that we must begin to be serious with the fact that one day soon, Ms Krissy will become a national artist.
That, I think, will be the day.
It will legitimize her ability to do massacre films. [We need to massacre our moronic tendencies and our idiotic nature, I believe.]
It will legitimize her ability to succeed especially when her life is 'sexless', in the way she argued not so long ago. She said something like I am reaping this success because I am sexless. So the logic is clear: with sexlessness comes success for the presidential daughter and presidential sister, and thus, that should hold for the presidential son, and now, the president.
No, it is not true that Kris Aquino is the Koprah in the Philippines (a critic told me, DO NOT forget the 'h' in the koprah; I retorted: kopra from the coconut is much much goodah, more bettah).
No, it is not true that she deserves the National Arte Award. Instead, she deserves the National Artist Award.
This is to uphold Philippine art and what it represents.
FELIPENAS/

No comments: