PRODUCTIVE ILOKANO ORTHOGRAPHY N1

NOTES ON A PRODUCTIVE ILOKANO ORTHOGRAPHY. (N1)
In response to Apo Ronan Dayot (of Chavacano Ethnolinguistic Group) and Apo Eugene Carmelo Cabanilla-Pedro (of UP College of Law)

My view of education is integrative, holistic, and respectful of others.

I have resolved these issues by admitting that along the way, Eugene Carmelo, there has been the 'stupidization' of the Ilokano by retarding themwith the supposedly 'new' phonological system based on a 'new' alphabet that was largely a result of following Liwayway that was following a Santoicization of the presumed and supposed 'wikang pambansa' as espoused since 1937, at the very time that Quezon signed that Executive Order, and then a law instituting Tagalog as 'the basis' of the national language.

In my Gramatika, I looked at the experience of the educand and I asked: if the educand cannot see the letter of his/her name represented in hiis/her alphabet, and he/she cannot see the letters of his birthplace in his own language (which is the abode of his 4 Ilokano souls), what, in fact, are you teaching the student? {The implication is this: where are the fs, vs, zs, qs, ñs? Why do we have to sweep them under the rug?] How to do we write physics in the new orthography? Go the route of Tagalog and say, pisika? Please allow me to say, jeez! We have to options here in the process of appropriation: either go the route of Spanish, fisica, or English, physics (which is fisics/fisiks). You want to teach them the 'f' sound, give them the 'f' sound. Do not lie. Do not underrepresent. Do not misrepresent.

If I said I am Victor Sinfuego Quirino of Santo Niño, Cabarruguis, Caaoacan Province, I should be able to figure the letters of my name and my place in that alphabet of my people.

No comments: