SABBATICAL NOTES. 19 JAN 2014 N3

SABBATICAL NOTES. 19 JAN 2014 N3 

THIS METAPHOR OF RUNNING is a human metaphor. 

And sometimes, it is not humane. 

I try to do something to let me get off the rush of sabbatical days, like this rush to finish something in so short a time, and I feel like running, running, running.

So instead, I sit down, and watch those long, long shows, like 'Nikita' in so many seasons.

Which I did for 'Prison Break,' for a total of 80 shows, and that is 80 for a couple of days starting from waking up till the eyes can no longer look at the screen.

I see 'Nikita,' and I can only remember Gabriela Silang.

It is her story--Nikita's--of waging war against the very evil of society that has refused to become human.

It is her story of summoning the power of love, this assassin who decided to become human again after having been figuratively lobotomized by the 'Division' manned by Percy.

The 'Division' could be a metaphor for anything anti-human that controls us all, anything anti-freedom.

I remember Gabriela Silang, and I will make her alive again in a work, in a literary work I have been doing for so long. I pray this work will see the light of day.

I remember, of course, her brave Diego Silang.

Onward to human freedom.

WPH, HI/
19 Jan 2014

No comments: